As a key element of the sales team, the Presales Security Engineer is responsible for complex information security solution development, sales strategy, delivering feedback to marketing, and leadership. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the security industry and how to position the value of managed security services.
Cybersecurity Presales Responsibilities
- Be the leader of the presale activities from early engagement stages with prospects, while working collaboratively with the sales team to find the best fit for the customer needs.
- Understand the customer’s needs and successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions that solve the customer’s challenges.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, while building credibility with client stakeholders.
- Establish yourself as a Cyber Security SME by researching emerging security technologies; Stay on top of the latest trends, concepts and best practices.
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of security requirements, methodologies, techniques and tools used to reduce the client’s attack surface and risk.
- Establish productive relationships with our clients, serving as a trusted advisor and consultant to enhance their cybersecurity posture on a tactical and strategic levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify our clients’ business problems and effectively design, communicate and evangelize cybersecurity solutions and services to solve those problems.
- Work to improve sales methodologies and processes effectively, including development of presentations and demos tailored to our partners requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience.
- Delivers presentations and participates in conference calls and face-to-face meetings to architectural groups, major lines of business, and executives.
- Generation of technical scopes of work (SOW) and detailed design narratives for technical solutions.
Skills and Requirements
- Must be a collaborative team-player, problem solver and thought leader with the highest level of professional ethics, respect, accountability, and integrity.
- Tech-savvy with strong hands-on engineering experience that possesses a natural technical curiosity and is eager to keep growing.
- Organized and analytical – eliminates obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Possess a customer-centric approach while striving for professional excellence.
- Align with Sanity`s core values: Education, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Social Responsibility.
- At least 3 years of overall Cyber Security experience, demonstrating the ability to present technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Knowledge and prior experience interacting and/or selling cyber security technologies, including but not limited to: Detection & Response, SIEM / SOCaaS, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intel, Firewalls, Email Security, IAM, PAM, Endpoint Security (EDR/XDR), DLP, CASB, SASE, Application Security Solutions, GRC Tools, Security Awareness, Penetration Testing.
- Familiarity with NIST CSF, 800-53, 800-171, CIS 18, CMMC, HIPPA, PCI, OWASP Top 10, etc.
- Strong knowledge in networking and the ability to understand and explain the OSI model.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with public cloud offerings (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS).
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization technologies and operating systems (MS, Linux, MacOS).
- Possesses a can-do approach with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to go the extra mile to provide a legendary customer experience.
- Strong technical background and extensive experience as a hands-on “story-teller” and problem solver.
- Dynamic and flexible, embraces change; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; capable of managing multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Knowledge of and experience with: Zero Trust, SDP, SASE, SOAR, IoT / ICS / OT Security, DAST, SAST, SCA, RASP, API Security
- Identity & Access Management concepts and standards such as SAML, OAuth & OpenID
- DevOps, SecOps, Application Security concepts
- Knowledge of and experience with public cloud platforms in a security context.
- Prior experience selling security services (Penetration Testing, Gap and Vulnerability Assessments, Hardening services, etc.).
- A security certification such as CISSP, CCSP, Security+, etc.
- Colorado, Utah, or Minnesota
- Salary Range $160k-$220k
- 401K + Employer Annual Contribution
- Medical Benefits + Employer Contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Volunteer Time Off
- Employer paid training and education